Explore Djerba Island in one day tour. This excursion will allow you to discover the real beauty of Djerba island and its history, visiting the shops selling traditional handicrafts, walk into the maze cobblestone streets and know about a history of ethnic and religious diversity where Jews and Muslims live side-by-side peacefully..
Your excursion will start with a drive over the ancient Romans causeway. Then back towards Guellala village. This whitewashed village is a pottery centre, home to houses and caverns stuffed with earthenware pots, bowls and amphorae. then you will visit Guellala Museum to find out more about traditional Berber life. Next, you’ll return to Hara Seghira in Djerba to see the ancient El Ghriba Synagogue also known as the Djerba Synagogue. All bright blue tiles and pillars, this 4th-century BC enigma is said to contain stone from Solomon’s temple. Drive towards the heart of Djerba island Houmt-Souk town, Djerba’s capital, where you can walk around the maze-like streets shoping in the souks before you return to your hotel.
- Tour Duration: 1 Day From 8 AM 6 PM
- Tour Style: excursion
- Pick up/Departure: Djerba (Your Hotel/Houmt Souq)
- Highlights: Romans causeway– El Ghriba Synagogue- Guellala Museum – Houmt Souq Market.
- Transportation: Private Transportation/ Van
- Meals: ( 1 Lunch )
- Group: min. 2 and max. 10
One Day Tour Prices:
- For 1 Traveller 100 Euro.
- For 2 Travellers 60 Euro Per Person.
- For 3 Travellers 45 Euro Per Person.
- For 4 Travellers 40 Euro Per Person.
- For 5 to 10 Travellers 35 Euro Per Person.
- For More than 10 Travellers 30 Euro Per Person.
- Air-conditioned private car or van.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide.
- Lunch at Local restaurant & soft drink.
- Pick-up from and transfer back to your hotel.
- Entrance fees.
Prices do not include any of the following services:
- Photography & video fees (where applicable).
- Personal expenditure & souvenirs.
- Anything else not specified in the above included services list.